Claes Hahn Balle
Lawyer – Partner
I have extensive experience as a lawyer. In many contexts the client sees me as a preferred adviser.
I am specialized in national and international tax law. I have been successful in several fundamental tax disputes both in the administrative system and the courts.
I take my time to understand the challenges my clients have and my experience enables me to solve complex cases of varied nature.
Clients find that I take responsibility for their case or their request and that I am result oriented.
Most of my business is based on long-term client relationships, and I act as Private Client advisor to several private persons residing abroad.
As a trusted advisor I handle client’s interests in several matters from investments to family law.
I also work with business transactions and often participate in negotiating process and structuring.
In addition, I advise actors and other performers within media and entertainment.
Areas of expertise
- Tax advice and litigation for both individuals and companies in major tax cases
- General advice in commercial law based on understanding and insight into the client relationship – commercial as well as personal
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts
- Preparing the sales process, including participation in the negotiation process with M&A
- Assistance by the formation of various types of companies based on the client’s investment needs, including entrepreneurship
- Restructuring of companies
- Media and entertainment
- Partner, LegalBase, 2014
- Partner, ACTIO Law Firm, 2008-14
- Partner, SES Law Firm, 2005-08
- Lawyer, Lundgrens Law Firm, 2000-05
- Research Associate, IBFD Amsterdam, 1999-2000
- Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen, 1995-99
- Lawyer, National Tax Tribunal, 1994-99